July 1, 2020
To: Sodaville Church Family
From: Pastor & Team
Greetings! It is necessary for me to contact you once again to
report to you the steps we have and are taking to reopen. While we were hoping
to open the doors of the church on July 5th, we regret that due to planning as
well as circumstances beyond our control, we find it necessary to delay our
re-gathering until July 19, 2020. Although we are disappointed, the decision was
made after time in prayer, in the Scriptures, and prayer discussion, and the
decision was unanimous.
When you do come on the 19th, you will see a different
setting, but the joy will be being together again. The following are steps to
assure we are complying with the authorities:
1. Entrance through the south doors, and exit through two
2. The wearing of masks is compulsory by the governor. We
will provide when necessary.
3. To prevent congestion, there will be ushers to seat and
4. Visitors will be asked to sign visitor’s card to keep a
record of those who are in the building.
5. When served the Communion, we will be individually
served. Instruction will be given at the time.
6. Sunday School will electronically meet until further
7. Wednesday’s ministry will be likewise by Zoom until
8. The offering boxes will be placed at each exit.
Friends, this has been a very frustrating period for all of
us, and we beg you, in the gentleness and meekness of Christ, to bear with us
until we are no longer required to undergo these necessary changes. Thank you
for your patience and understanding in this matter.
I am yours because His,
Winston Thurton, Pastor